Saturday, February 16, 2013

Day 3 - Eye shapes correction & their corrective techniques

  Day 3 of class was all about the eyes. There a lot of eye shapes for every person. We discussed 7 distinct types of eye shapes and also a possibility of combinations from these 7 types of eye shapes.

1. Heavy eyelid
2. Prominent eyes
3. Small eyes
4. Very small eyelid-eyebrow gap
5. Very large eyelid-eyebrow gap
6. Eyes too close to each other
7. Eyes too far apart

  We were also taught 2 eye makeup techniques which are open corner and close corner eye makeup. Open corner is putting medium to dark eye shadow on the crease of the eyes without touching the tip of the inner & outer corner of the eyes while Close corner is putting medium to dark eye shadow on the crease of the eyes until the tip of the outer and/or inner corner of the eyes. We also tackled on how to put colors and their proper combinations on each type of eye shapes.

  Our instructor demonstrated the lesson with a model in this picture.


  My model has a combination of small eyes & very small eyelid-eyebrow gap. What I did here is put on a light cream base and light pink shade all over her lids. I used the open corner technique and used a brown shade just above her crease where here eye socket is located. I only applied a light amount as I'm after a Day makeup effect. I added just a little bit of plum over the outer edge of the brown blending it towards the middle. I used a fine line of brown eye liner on top and below her eyes & white eye liner on here bottom waterline to brighten and enlarge her eyes. Black mascara, light coral blush and pink lipstick to finish it off.

 
  I'm still having a bit of a hard time doing the eyebrows but I'm getting there hehehehe. My newest challenge for the day was applying the eyeliner and using the eyelash curler on someone else. I'm a bit afraid I might poke her eye or pinch her eyelid while using the curler. I was successful in using the eyeliner but not so much on the curler. I think her lashes wasn't curled enough.

  Oh well, I'm just gonna work on it! Good luck me! (>.<)

No comments:

Post a Comment